The 750 watts per channel at 4Ω QSC RMX2450a Low-Z Power Amplifier is a 2RU rack mountable amplifier designed for live sound reinforcement applications. The amplifier features two 2-tier Class H output channels that can operate in either stereo or mono bridge mode. The unit operates on a standard 15 amp plug and utilizes high-current toroidal transformers for less noise and better performance when pushing a 2 ohm load. To reduce distortion, the amplifier utilizes independent user-defeatable clip limiters and includes LED indicator lights to show the presence of the signal and when the signal is clipping.
The chassis of the amplifier is designed with front to rear cooling vents and includes selectable low-frequency filters at 30 Hz and 50 Hz to protect speakers from bottoming out and improve headroom when driving mid and high frequencies. The front panel of the unit features two gain control knobs for easy access and each channel is protected by a dedicated DC and thermal overload protection circuit. For inputs, the back of the unit accepts both balanced 1/4″ and XLR inputs. For outputs, the unit features both Neutrik Speakon and touch-proof binding post connections.
- Compact size — up to 2500 watts in two rack spaces, or 5000 watts in three rack spaces
- High-current toroidal transformers, for greater 2-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- The 4000-watt RMX4050a operates on a standard 15 amp plug (120V)
- Both the RMX4050a and the RMX5050a feature a dual mono, high-current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- The RMX4050a’s particularly exceptional combination of cooling capacity and electrical efficiency provides robust thermal performance suitable for high continuous power in 2-ohm stereo or 4-ohm bridged applications.
- Balanced 1/4-inch (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs
- Touch-proof binding post and Neutrik Speakon® outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and clip LED indicators for monitoring performance
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extended service contract